- About us
- We are Montro B.V. and via our website www.montro.com we offer, among others, a platform on which selected watch retailers (‘associated sellers’) can offer their second hand watches.
- Acceptance of Terms
If you do not agree to these Terms, you must not use our platform.
- Purchase of products
- If you purchase goods of one of our associated sellers, the actual contract for sale is directly between you and the associated seller. We are not a party to such contracts.
- Your account and password
When you create an account to make use of our platform, you must provide us with accurate and complete
information. You are not permitted to create an account for another natural person or legal entity, unless
they have expressly authorized you to do so.
You can terminate your account at any time via your account settings.
If you choose a user identification code and password, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party. In each and every event, you are solely responsible and liable for all activity that occurs using your account.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org and take all necessary steps to prevent unauthorized access (such as changing relevant passwords).
- Using our platform
In connection with using our platform you will not:
- use any other digital tools than those which are approved by us to search the platform, or to use data mining, robots, crawlers or any other means to collect data form the platform;
- use the platform for any reason other than your personal use, as intended and permitted through the normal functionality of the platform;
- reproduce or decompile the platform or apply reverse engineering to it (other than expressly allowed by mandatory law);
- infringe the copyright, trademark, patent, publicity, moral, database, and/or other intellectual property rights that belong to or are licensed to us. Some, but not all, actions that may constitute infringement are reproducing, performing, displaying, distributing, copying, reverse engineering, decompiling, disassembling, or preparing derivative works from content that belongs to us or someone else; or
- remove or circumvent any security measures or technical limitations of the platform.
- Information on our platform
- Although we try to provide reliable data, we do not warrant that the content provided through our platform will always be available, accurate, complete and up-to-date. You agree that we are not responsible for examining or guaranteeing the offers or content provided by associated sellers.
- How you may use content on our platform
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our platform, and in the material published on it. Those works are, among others, protected by copyrights and database rights. All such rights are reserved. You are only granted a license to use the platform for which it is intended.
- We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where our platform contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are
provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked
websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those websites or resources.
- Exclusion of warranties
Nothing in the Terms shall affect any statutory rights that you are always entitled to as a consumer and
that you cannot contractually agree to alter or waive.
The platform is provided "as is" and we make no warranty or representation to you with respect to it. In particular, we do not represent or warrant that your use of the platform will meet your requirements; be uninterrupted or otherwise free from error; that any information obtained through your use of the platform will be accurate or reliable; or that any defects in the functionality of the platform will be corrected. No conditions, warranties or other terms (including any implied terms as to satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose or conformance with description) apply to the platform except to the extent that they are expressly set out in the Terms.
- Changes and suspension of the platform
- We are constantly improving our platform in order to optimize the experience for its users. We may at all times, without prior notification and without becoming liable towards you for any damages, make functional or technical changes or improvements to the platform or (temporarily or permanently) stop providing the platform.
You can terminate your account at any time via your account settings. If you terminate your account, you
will no longer have access to the platform.
If you terminate your account we may retain your account for a reasonable period of time for backup, archival, or audit purposes. Furthermore, we may retain and continue to (re-)use, store and display the content you uploaded on the platform.
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude any and all liability, to you whether in contract, tort or otherwise, for any loss howsoever caused suffered or incurred by you arising from, or in connection with:
- your access to, or use, or inability to use the platform;
- any conduct or content of us or any third party (including, without limitation, any defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of other users or third parties);
- Any unauthorized access to an account, or (temporarily) unavailability of the platform, failure of the platform, transmission errors and internet outages.
Please note that the limitations and exclusion of liability in relation to purchases made by you from our associated sellers are not governed by these Terms. The terms and conditions that are applicable to your relationship with the associated seller are not drawn up by us.
We may amend these Terms from time to time. You have to accept any new version of the Terms before you can
access your account. If you don’t agree, you can terminate your account.
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these Terms to third parties. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal for any reason, it is to be read down to give it as much effect as possible, or if it is not capable of having any effect at all, it is to be severed from these Terms, in which case, the remainder of these Terms shall continue in full force.
You that each member of the group of companies of which Montro is a part shall be third party beneficiaries to the Terms and that such other companies shall be entitled to directly enforce, and rely upon, any provision of the Terms which confers a benefit on (or rights in favour of) them. Other than this, no other person or company shall be a third party beneficiary of the Terms.
These Terms and your use of the platform are governed by Dutch law. Any dispute that is related to these Terms shall be exclusively submitted to the competent court in Amsterdam, unless applicable mandatory laws prescribe otherwise.
Important information and who we are
- Contact details
or through a notification on
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Therefore we ask you to update your account details if your personal data changes.
- Third-party links
From who we collect personal data and how we collect that personal data
- What does personal data mean?
- Personal data means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified.
- Persons from who we collect personal data
- We collect personal data from everyone who has been in contact with us (such us as visitors of our website, people who create an account, persons who make a purchase via our website and persons who sell their products via our website).
- How we collect personal data
When you, for example, visit our website, create an account, or when you contact us you share personal data
with us directly.
Lastly, we may collect personal data we received from third parties. For example, when you using a social provider such as Facebook or Google+ to create an account. We only collect personal data via third parties if you gave your permission to such third parties to provide your personal data to us.
The personal data we process and the purpose for processing
We will not process your personal data for any other purpose than the one mentioned below, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we plan to process your personal data for purposes other than the ones mentioned above, we will communicate these purposes to your prior to or at the time of collecting your personal data.
- Legal ground
Your personal data might be processed based on your consent. In that case, we will always ensure to have
received your free, specific, informed and unambiguous consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent
at any time by sending an email to
Your personal data might be processed based on the legitimate interests pursued by us for example, for administrative purposes, or for the purpose of research and development. This legal basis applies, for example, when we process your personal data to communicate with you, to improve the quality of our products and/or services, to provide you with marketing information (incl. direct marketing), and to manage our business operations and IT infrastructure.
Your personal data might further be processed because if it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation which we are subject to.
- Personal Account
For creating an account, we need the following personal data about you:
- your name;
- email address.
- your address;
- date of birth;
The personal data stored in your account shall be retained for as long as you remain active on our website, unless you request us to delete your account.
- Communication between you and us
You can contact us with any sort of question you may have about our website and services. Depending on the
way you contact us, we will process your e-mail address (and email content) or telephone number. Should you
have questions about a purchase made via our website, we can use your account information.
Further, we can use your account details to communicate with you about our policies and terms.
Your email and/or our notes are retained as long as necessary to help you.
- Improving our website and services
It is our aim to help you find what you are looking for on our website. To this end, our website needs to
work properly. Therefore, we collect your IP address, information about your internet browser and
information about the settings of the operating system of the computer or mobile device with which you visit
us. It is further our aim that our website is as relevant as possible for you by tailoring our website. To
do this, we collect search, click and purchase behavior at our website of all visitors. We use that data to
gain insight in generic customer patterns and use them at an individual level.
We have a legitimate interest for doing so as this will make our services to you better. We shall retain your personal data used for this purpose no longer than 365 days.
Once you have ordered via our website we can e-mail you about our products and services, unless you let us
know you would not like to receive such information.
We will send you our newsletter if you explicitly give your consent. If you are no longer interested to receive our newsletter, you can opt-out via your account or via the opt-out option given in the footer of each newsletter.
We may use the personal data we hold about you – such as IP addresses, click and purchase behavior - for
security purposes or to prevent or investigate possible fraud or other unlawful conduct.
In case of fraud, we shall retain all related data for a period of 2 years after discovery.
Desclosures of your personal data to third parties
We will only disclose your personal data in compliance with the applicable data protection legislation and only to parties providing sufficient guarantees to ensure the protection of your data and the realisation of your rights as data subject.
- Sellers via the website
When you purchase a product or service via the website from one of our associated sellers, the seller will
receive your name, email address, delivery address and your payment details. The seller needs this
information to execute the agreement concluded between you and the seller.
When you submit an enquiry in relation to a product or service provided by one of our associated sellers, the seller will receive your email address, your enquiry and (if provided by you) your telephone number.
If you request a VAT invoice from an associated seller, the seller will receive your company name, business address, chamber of commerce number and the order number.
- External services providers
In providing our services, we use third parties in order to achieve the abovementioned purposes (see above;
The personal data we process and the purpose for processing, section 3). These parties are our data
processors. We enter into processing agreements with all data processors and only share personal data with
them on a ‘need to know’ basis and subject to confidentiality and sufficient security.
Data processors we use are:
- IT service providers;
- data storage service provider;
- other third party outsourced technical services, that assist us in carrying out our business activities;
- analytic consultants (only aggregated data);
- business partners (only aggregated data);
- research and development organisations (only aggregated data).
- Other third parties
If we purchase or sell a company or company assets, we may disclose your personal data to a potential buyer
or seller of such company or company assets. If we or a substantial part of our company’s assets is acquired
by a third party, your personal data may be disclosed to that third party buyer.
If we are legally obligated to do so, we may also disclose your personal data to government, public authorities, statutory or regulatory bodies and enforcement bodies.
Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have the below rights in relation to your personal data.
Request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law.
Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:
- If you want us to establish the data's accuracy.
- Where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it.
- Where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- You have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used format. This right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at: email@example.com. We try to respond within 4 weeks. Please attach a copy of your identity card or passport (while blacklining your social security number), so we can check that the quest comes from you.
Transfer of your personal data outside of EEA
We always strive to process your personal data within the European Economic Area (EEA), but, in order to achieve one of the above mentioned purposes, your personal data may have to be transferred to countries outside of the EEA.
Safety measures undertaken before transfer
We will only transfer your data to a third-party located outside of the EEA after a careful check and/or the signing of a specific agreement, in order to ensure that this third-party:
- provides appropriate safeguards regarding the level of protection of your personal data;
- properly informs the data subject hereof;
- ensures the enforceability of your rights as a data subject; and
- provides effective legal remedies to you.
Please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
Storage and data security
- In general, we will not retain your personal data for longer than necessary for the performance of our contract and/or for achieving one of the other above-mentioned purposes (see above: the personal data we process and the purpose for processing, section 3). We will perform regular checks to identify personal data which no longer serve any purpose in order to delete them or otherwise anonymize them.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally
lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your
personal data to those employees and third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process
your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
If you have a complaint about the way we handle your personal data, we prefer to resolve the issue directly with you. Please contact us at: email@example.com. However, you may also submit a complaint to the Dutch Data Protection Authority ( www.autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl).
a good experience when you browse our website and also allows us to improve our site.
Change cookie settings.
- What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we place on your browser or the hard drive of your
computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
- We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary or functional cookies. These are cookies that are necessary for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website or to use a shopping cart.
- Analytical or performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- Third party cookies
- Cookies and you
your browser. Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you
receive a new cookie, how to disable existing cookies and how to erase your cookie history.
For more general information about third party cookies and your opt-out options, go to www.youronlinechoices.eu of www.aboutads.info/choices or www.networkadvertising.org/participating-networks.
- Processing of personal data
- Changes in our cookie statement
- From time to time we may change our cookie statement. We advise you to check our cookie statement regularly so that you are aware of any changes.
|Cookie Name||Provider||More information|
|Facebook tracking pixel||www.facebook.com/business/help/471978536642445?id=1205376682832142|
|LinkedIn Website Demographics||www.linkedin.com/legal/cookie-policy|
|Google AdWords tracking||policies.google.com/technologies/ads?hl=en-US|
|Google Analytics tracking||developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage|
|Hotjar tracking pixel||Hotjar||help.hotjar.com/hc/en-us/articles/115011789248-Hotjar-Cookie-Information|
|Mailchimp tracking pixel||Mailchimp||mailchimp.com/legal/cookies/|
To deactivate the use of third party advertising cookies, you have to go to the websites of these third parties (see link above).